Dr. Basnet had earned his Ph.D. from Sun Moon University, South Korea in 2005 being specialized on “Genome analysis of Streptomyces peucetius ATCC27952 particularly focused on secondary metabolites producing gene clusters”. He had completed his master degree from Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur majoring on organic chemistry and researched on “Isolation and Identification of Chemical Constituents from Taxus baccata sub. wallichiana and Parmelia sancti-angelii” as complementary work of master degree. He was trained as a post-doctoral researcher for 2 and half years in Ewha Woman’s university and worked on combinatorial biosynthesis of erythrolide and related macromolecules. He has been working for more than a decade as Senior Research Scientist at Research and development, center for Medytox, Inc. in South Korea. The research focused on protein therapeutic development, particularly antibody therapeutics. It includes isolation and characterization of monoclonal antibody (mAb) against various antigens responsible for various.
- Mo, S.J.; Kim, D. H.; Lee, J. H.; Park, J.W.; Basnet, D.B.; Ban, Y.H.; Yoo, Y. J.; Chen, S.W.; Park, S. R.; Choi, E. A.; Kim, E.; Jin, Y.; Lee, S.K.; Park, J. Y.; Liu, Y.; Lee, M. O.; Lee, K. S.; Kim, S. J.; Kim, D.; Park, B. C.; Lee, S.; Kwon, H. J.; Suh, J.; Moore, B.; Lim, S.; Yoon, Y. J. (2011) Biosynthesis of the Allylmalonyl-CoA Extender Unit for the FK506 Polyketide Synthase (PKS) Proceeds Through a Dedicated PKS and Facilitates the Mutasynthesis of New Analogs, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 133 (4):976–985.
- Basnet, D.B., Park, J.W. and Yoon, Y.J. (2008) Combinatorial biosynthesis of 5-O-desosaminyl erythronolide A as a potent precursor of ketolide antibiotics, J Biotech. 135 (1): 92-96
- Basnet, D.B., Oh, T.J., Hang, T.T.V., Sthapit, B., Liou, K., Lee, H.C., Yoo, J.C., and Sohng J.K. (2006) Angucyclines Sch 47554 and Sch 47555 from Streptomyces sp. SCC-2136: Cloning, Sequencing, and Characterization, Mol. Cells., 22 (2): 154-162.
- Lee, S.K., Basnet, D.B., Hong, J. J., Jung, W.S., Choi, C.Y., Lee, H.C., Sohng, J. K., Ryu, K.G., Kim, D.J., Ahn, J.S., Kim, B.S., Oh, H.C., Sherman, D.H., Yoon, Y.J. (2005) Structural diversification of macrolactones by substrate flexible cytochrome P450 monooxygenases. Adv. Synth. Catal., 347 (10): 1369-1378.
- Senior Research Scientist at Medytox, Inc. South Korea from 2008 to present.
- Post-doctoral researcher at Ewha Woman’s university from 2006 to 2008.