Member, Board of Directors
Bibek Aryal is a postdoctoral researcher at Umeå Plant Science Centre, Sweden. Dr Aryal received his PhD in Molecular Plant Science from University of Fribourg, Switzerland in 2017 with Prof. Markus Geisler. He obtained his Master degree from Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany. Before joining Umeå Plant Science Centre his work focuses on phytohormone auxin and its regulation in the context of plant pathogen interaction. During postdoc his research focuses on differential cell elongation during apical hook development in Arabidopsis. Dr Aryal has been co-supervising several Bachelor and Master projects and published more than 10 research articles in international journals.
Aryal B, Jonsson K, Baral A, Andres GS, Routirs AL, Kierzkowski D, Bhalerao RP (2019) Interplay between cell wall and auxin mediates the control of differential cell elongation during apical hook development. Current Biology.
- Aryal B, Huynh J, Schneuwly J, Siffert A, Liu J, Alejandro S, Müller JL, Martinoia E, and Geisler M (2019) ABCG36/PEN3/PDR8 is an exporter of the auxin precursor, indole-3-butyric acid, involved in auxin-controlled development. Frontiers of Plant Science 10. 899
- Aryal B, Laurent C and Geisler M (2015) Learning from each other: ABC transporter regulation by protein phosphorylation in plant and mammalian systems. Biochem. Soc. Trans. 43: 966-974
- Matern A, Böttcher C, Lippold EL, Westermann B, Smolka U, Döll S, Trempel F, Aryal B, Scheel D, Geisler M, Rosahl S (2019) Identification of a PEN3/ABCG36/PDR8 substrate functioning in flg22-induced callose deposition. Journal of Biological Chemistry 10.1074
- Mao H, Aryal B, Langenecker L, Hagmann J, Geisler M, and Grebe M (2017) Arabidopsis BTB/POZ protein-dependent PENETRATION3 trafficking and disease susceptibility. Nature Plants. 3: 854.
- Secretary, Research Institute for Bioscience and Biotechnology (January 2018–Until now)
- Post-doc Researcher at Umeå Plant Science Centre, Sweden (July 2017– Until now)
- PhD Plant Molecular Biology, University of Fribourg, Switzerland (2013-2017)