Dr. Neha Shrestha received her MSc degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark, and received her PhD degree in Pharmaceutical Technology from University of Helsinki, Finland in April 2016. She was awarded Outstanding Doctoral Thesis Award in Pharmacy 2016/2017’ by International association of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Dr. Shrestha’s research expertise lies on advanced drug delivery systems and biomaterials, for efficient delivery of poorly-soluble drugs and peptides and proteins. Dr. Shrestha worked as a Postdoctoral researcher at Universite catholique de Louvain, as Marie Curie Postdoctoral fellow and FNRS Postdoctoral research fellow. Currently, she is working as Principal Investigator/Senior researcher at Research Institute for Bioscience and Biotechnology (RIBB), Nepal. She is also currently working as Part-time lecturer. In RIBB, Dr. Shrestha aims to develop potent peptide based drug for treatment of inflammations. Moreover, she is also involved in establishing in vitro cell based intestinal models in Nepal. As a research scientist, she has supervised and mentored several undergraduate and graduate students. Dr. Shrestha has published 29 research articles in high-impact factor peer-reviewed international journals, and has been cited more than 850 times. Dr. Shrestha has an impact factor of 16, and has received more than 10 awards and research grants through out her career.
- Principal Investigator, Research Institute for Bioscience and Biotechnology, Kathmandu, Nepal (April 2020- Present)
- F.R.S.-FNRS Chargé de Recherché Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Louvain Drug Research Institute, Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium (February 2019 – April 2020)
- Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellow, Louvain Drug Research Institute, Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium (May 2017 – January 2019)
- Postdoctoral Fellow for under 7th European Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development TRANS-INT, Louvain Drug Research Institute, Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium (May 2016 – April 2017)
- Lecturer, Pinnacle Technical College, Nepal (December 2009 – August 2010)
- Scientific Trainer, Nepal Pharma Marketers, Nepal (November 2009 – July 2010)