Member, Research Coordinator
Mr. Shrestha has completed his M.Sc. in Biotechnology from Tribhuvan University. His current focus of research is in Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) and Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) like Leishmaniasis. Mr. Shrestha also serves as a visiting faculty at the Central Department of Biotechnology, Tribhuvan University. He is also the recipient of several national and international research grants.
- Kandel RC.*, Shrestha M.*, Sadaula A., Khatri-Chhetri M., Maharjan J., Solanki GS., Chalisee MK., Asada M., Kaneko O., Poudel RC., Pandey K. (2019) First report of malaria parasites in water buffalo in Nepal. DOI: 10.1016/j.vprsr.2019.100348
- Bastola A.*, Shrestha M.*, Lamsal M., Shrestha S., Prajapati S., Adhikari A., Gupta BP., Hide M., Devkota L., Chalise BS., Pandey K., Manandhar KD. (2019) A case of high altitude cutaneous leishmaniasis in a non-endemic region in Nepal. DOI: 10.1016/j.parint.2019.101991
- Bastola A., Shrestha M., Chalise BS, Mishra AK, Devkota L. (2019) Miltefosine Rescue Treatment for Visceral Leishmaniasis Relapse Patient. DOI: 10.1155/2019/3634568.
- Shrestha M., Khatri-Chhetri M., Poudel RC., Maharjan J., Dumre SP., Manandhar KD., Pandey BD., Pun SB., Pandey K. (2019) Molecular evidence supports the expansion of visceral leishmaniasis towards non-program districts of Nepal. BMC Infectious Diseases. 19:444. DOI: 10.1186/s12879-019-4083-3
- Shrestha M., Pandey BD., Maharjan J., Dumre SP., Tiwari PN., Manandhar KD., Pun SB., Pandey K. (2018) Visceral leishmaniasis from a non-endemic Himalayan region of Nepal. Parasitology research. 2:1-4. DOI: 10.1007/s00436-018-5887-6
- Khanal SB., Shrestha M., Chaudhary HK, Shrestha S., Pokharel RK. (2018) Molecular Confirmation of G1138A Mutation in FGFR Gene among Nepalese Achondroplasia cases. Journal of Nepal Medical Association. 56(211): 683-686.
- Jha B*., Shrestha M*., Pandey DP., Bhattarai T., Bhattarai HD., Paudel B. (2017) Investigation of antioxidant, antimicrobial and toxicity activities of lichens from high altitude regions of Nepal. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 17 – 282. DOI: 10.1186/s12906-017-1797-x
- Research Coordinator at Research Institute for Bioscience and Biotechnology (RIBB), Nepal (August 2018 to date).
- Assistant Research Fellow at Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST), Nepal (July 2017 – July 2018)
- Research Associate at Central Department of Biotechnology, Tribhuvan University (July 2015- July 2017)