Master’s Thesis student
Mr. Asim is presently working at RIBB for his master’s thesis starting from July 24, 2020. He has received B.Sc. degree in Medical Laboratory Technology (2017) from Pokhara University and currently doing M.Sc. degree in Biotechnology from Tribhuvan University (National College, Khusibu). He is mostly interested in cancer biology and other human related diseases which are medically relevant. Accordingly, he has done his bachelor’s thesis on prostate cancer and its mutation on the vitamin D receptor gene. Currently, he is working on liquid biopsy method for diagnosis, prognosis and monitoring of colorectal cancer population in Nepal.
- Quality Control (QC), Calibration of test parameters, External quality assessment scheme (EQAS).
- Experience in clinical diagnostic labs (lab areas include biochemistry, immunology, microbiology haematology and parasitology etc.)
- Medical Laboratory Technologist in Samyak Diagnostic Pvt. Ltd., Jawalakhel, Lalitpur (15th March 2018 - 21st April 2019).
- OJT in National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL) Teku, Kathmandu (17th August 2017 – 16th October)
- OJT in Manmohan Memorial Teaching Hospital, Swoyambhu,Kathmandu (22nd August 2015 – 22nd May 2016).