We provide thesis grant support to MS Biotechnology students from different colleges and universities here in Nepal. Following are the list of thesis grant support we provided until now:
1) M.Tech student Ms. Nirma Basnet, Department of Biotechnology, Kathmandu University completed her thesis work on "Optimization of bioethanol production from cheese whey using immobilized lactose assimilating yeast strains.” under Prof. Janardan Lamichhane funded by RenewableNepal Programme, Kathmandu University.
2) M.Tech student Mr. Prasodhan Niraula, Department of Biotechnology, Kathmandu University completed his thesis on "Identification of antibiotic producing Streptomyces Strains from different regions of Nepal: Morphological, Biochemical and Molecular Studies" under Prof. Janardan Lamichhane and Dr. Sushila Maharjan funded by TWAS.
3) M.Sc student Mr. Nirmal Panthi, Central Department of Biotechnology, Tribhuvan University completed his thesis on "Molecular and biochemical characterization of oral microflora isolated from various regions of Nepal" under Prof. Rajani Malla and Dr. Hari Datta Bhattarai funded by TWAS.
4) M.Sc student Mr. Mukesh Thapa, Central Department of Biotechnology, Tribhuvan University completed his thesis on "Comparative study between oral microflora isolated from rural medical camps and urban medical clinics" under Prof. Rajani Malla and Dr. Hari Datta Bhattarai funded by TWAS.
5) B.Tech students (Ms. Esa Gurung, Ms. Jyoti Basnet, and Ms. Aarzu Thapa) from Kantipur Valley College completed their thesis on “Isolation and characterization of soil bacteria (Streptomyces spp) as a source of novel bioactive metabolites from different location of Kathmandu.” under Mr. Sagar Atri and Mr. Prajwal Rajbhandari. Fund Supported by Kantipur Valley College.
6) B.Tech students (Mr. Sanjeev Tamang, Mr. Cloud Rai, and Mr. Aadarsh Rai) from Kantipur Valley College completed their thesis on “Comparative study of biodiesel production from Jatropha curcas and waste cooking oil as a substitute for fossil (mineral diesel) in Nepal.” under Mr. Sagar Atri and Mr. Prajwal Rajbhandari. Fund Supported by Kantipur Valley College.
Message From President
Namaste and Happy New Year 2018 from RIBB Family
RIBB Youtube Channel